Thursday, July 30, 2009

Deserving More

This week has been my first week back to work since my California vacation. It was my parents 40th wedding anniversary, which is pretty amazing if you ask me. And they decided they wanted the fam to all be together to celebrate, which was doubly awesome. So, I met up with them in Vegas (their pre-anniversary vacation destination), road-tripped it to Cali, and we had a ball.

I'll try to post some pics on Facebook. If you aren't my Facebook friend yet, just send the ol' friend request, and I'll accept. I like having Facebook friends. Then you can maybe see my vacation pictures if I ever post them. :)

It was a blast. We went to San Diego, which is officially one of my favorite places ever. I feel like I barely saw any of it, and it just seems like Heaven on earth to me. It was great to be there, and great to spend the time their with family. We don't see each other nearly enough.

This whole experience is contrasted by work, which honestly, well, I make it a point to not put too many specifics about work in my blog. It's not the appropriate forum for it. I'll just say this...I deserve more. I know on the surface that sounds really selfish. I've had to search my heart a lot about this, and I can't push it aside any longer. God has blessed me with time on this earth to do His will. It is simply not ok to continue the way I have been. It doesn't glorify God, and I'm not being a good steward of what he has blessed me with.

I don't know what the future holds with work. But I do know this...I deserve more, because God deserves better of me. It started crystallizing quickly towards the end of the day. It became clearer during physical therapy. And it finally washed over me like a tidal wave during worship at Immersion tonight. Which, by the way, I don't go to nearly enough. I love worship at Immersion.

Anyway, I'm feeling calm about it again now. Calm, as in, I see a direction that I need to take, and I feel good about it. Submitting to God is such a relief. I pray that I can continue to seek His will for my life, and that I pursue it relentlessly.

What's really awesome in this little God discussion I'm having is that this week has been bookended by not only Immersion tonight, but Taste of Hope last weekend, as well as worship last weekend. I am very blessed by all of these experiences.

Tomorrow, I'm off to St. Paul again for a little work and a lot of play. I love that city dag nabbit. It's always a good time. Before I sign off, I'd like to post another music video. Music is just such a huge part of all our lives, I like to share what's moving me. This video is to a song I just heard for the first time. It's a great worship song. Really put me at ease tonight. I hope you enjoy.

No comments: