Thursday, August 20, 2009

Trust

I'm not going to blog much here tonight. I just wanted to get some of my thoughts down to start. I have been thinking a lot about trust the past week or so. Not because I had a really negative experience. Quite the opposite. Things have been pretty good lately. Trust....

Where do we place our trust? Why do we decide to trust or not trust? Who or what should we place trust in? How do the concepts of trust and faith the same? How are they different?

I really haven't gotten very far yet thinking about these questions and others. But I feel like this is fertile ground for personal, professional, and spiritual growth for me. I think I need to reflect on my history, and understand how trust (well- or ill-placed) has played a role in impacting my growth and development over the years.

Right off the bat, I feel like I need to accept when some of the trust I've had has been violated. And to embrace when trust has paid off. And when I should have trusted and didn't.

This feels really deep to me right now. Like, I really want to explore it and embrace it. Good things can come from this. Thank the Lord for that.

No comments: